Tuesday 7 August 2012

Online Journalism

For those of you who follow my blog (yes, all eight of you), the next ten weeks will see my blog taking a bit of a different turn as I'll be using it as part of my assessment for the subject Online Journalism, which I am studying as part of my Journalism degree at QUT.
The assessment asks us to use a blog to comment on online journalism/news media/reporting. I have to update it at least once a week. This is going to be the challenge for me because, as you know, I'm terrible at keeping this thing up to date.

The only thing I really have to do is refer to specific current examples of the craft and at least three of my blog posts must directly refer to/build on/quote specific issues or thoughts raised the lectures (those that I manage to wake up in time to attend).

I can comparing how different outlets covered a story, comment on really good or really bad examples of online journalism at work, explore or review apps for online journalists, or do whatever else I choose.

The brief is pretty broad, so it's going to be really fun.

I can also use text, video, audio or any combination. 

The most important thing really is to involve myself in online journalism and think about how it will apply to me. So, on that note, I'd better get started.  
Xx Al

No comments:

Post a Comment