Thursday 7 June 2012

There are no mistakes

I've always wanted things to happen quickly. Ever since the word go. I was born three months early, I guess I just couldn't wait to get out into the world and start getting things done.

Consequently, I constantly take things and run with them. An idea, a relationship, a job anything. Not in an obsessive way, but in a completely idealistic way.

An idea tends to grow in my mind so rapidly that before I know it I've planned my entire life around something I know nothing about. The thing is, I never plan things completely though, they're always in the abstract. And actually, I love doing that. I love imagining the future and what it could be like, rather than what it should be like. Sometimes practicality just kills me -- more recently far more than ever.

As I'm getting older I'm starting to get to know my personality much better than I ever did before. I can predict the way I'll react to a lot of situations in a way I never could only a few years ago. Appropriately, I am learning how to avoid situations that would make me react negatively.

However, the point of this post I guess is to illustrate how I'm feeling about life. I feel like two parts of me are competing at the moment. I'm dying to get my university degree complete (and after almost five years at it, I think I've done a pretty good job sticking to it for someone who wants things to happen quickly) and get a job and just be an adult. On the other side of things, I so desperately want to remain as care free as I feel now, or even more care free (if that's possible). Becoming a gypsy would probably be my ideal 'job' actually.

What's the answer? I'm not sure, maybe I could run away to Rome and eat carbs to my hearts delight. Only, I know that wouldn't be practical. So, I've still got to stick it out at uni, which really, isn't so bad, right?

However, I want to take the time to dedicate this post to my dear friend Renea Williams who, tomorrow, is doing what I could never do. The girl who is following her heart, regardless of any arguments of practicality I have thrown at her. She is my best friend and she is leaving me in Brisbane all alone and I really don't know what I'm going to do without her to listen to my shit on repeat, get drunk with me and eat pies in the street, or criticize women for wearing too little on cold nights. Never mind, she's got bigger fish to fry and better things ahead of her and the world at her feet. So, it is with love I write this as I look forward to seeing what the future holds for her. It couldn't be brighter, girl.

Xx




No comments:

Post a Comment