Sunday 20 May 2012

Do you want codine with that?

Having the flu is the pits. Especially when you've still got to keep on keeping on!

When I was younger sickness was a bit of a fantasy land. I got to stay at home from school, watch DVD's (erm, I mean videos) and drink lemonade. That fantasy land is long gone. Now when I'm sick I go to work, I go to uni and I clean the house. There is no fantasy, I can't stop my life. I don't watch DVD's, instead I sit up in bed on my computer and sneeze and cough until the screen is laden with blotches of water so I don't miss deadlines. I don't drink lemonade, I drink tea, even though I don't like it, but because I can't drag myself out of bed to actually go to the shops and buy any lemonade.

So, as I write from my bed prison. I guess all I really want is a bit of sympathy, some lemonade and to go back to that fantasy land where being sick meant you got to stop your life.



1 comment: